- Grade: PL-4
- Position N°: NA
- Reference: ADB/12/168
- Publication date: 11/06/2012
- Closing date: 26/06/2012
The principal activities of the Infrastructure and Telecommunications Division (CIMM2) are to ensure that the infrastructure and telecommunication systems of the Bank fit the needs of the Institution and function in an efficient and cost effective manner.
Duties and responsibilities
The incumbent is expected to lead the Network Engineering team and assist the Division Manager to provide enterprise-wide networking design, implementation, configuration management and support in the area of inter-networking technology to include data, voice, Internet and electronic mail services and videoconferencing technology.
- Manage the Bank’s lP addresses to ensure access to Bank information on and as required basis. Maintain the Bank’s routers, switches and firewall systems to ensure authorized access to bank information for either internal or external system users.
- Maintain and monitor the proper functioning of all network communications devices including the management of TCP/IP, IP address management, TCP/IP security etc.
- Collaborate with the bank’s System Engineers and telecommunications engineers to ensure that the systems operate correctly and efficiently at all times.
- Provide technical expertise and direct assistance to Bank staff, multilateral development banks (MDBs), and other Bank systems in the area of configuration management to support information system implementation with emphasis on networking technologies. Complete the evaluation of telecommunications hardware and software and makes recommendation to the Division Manager for adoption within the Bank’s IT network environments.
- Provide analysis, design and programming activities for software, tools, and related components for inclusion within the Bank’s computing environments.
- Represents the Division Manager in meetings related to LAN configuration management activities, with emphasis on telecommunications technologies.
- Translate user requirement into specifications and standards for inclusion in procurement tenders and contracts.
- Advise the IT Security Team in dealing with issues of electronic security over the telecommunications links and networks.
- Supervision and maintenance of the Bank’s WAN communication links or channels between the headquarters and its Field Offices.
- Ensure a rigorous and rational management of the telecommunications infrastructure with an emphasis on the LAN and MAN.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- At least a Masters Degree or its equivalent in Management Information Systems or other related disciplines.
- Preferably a minimum of 6 years of relevant practical working experience in network technologies
- Be certified at least to CCNP level with at least 5 years of practice. A valid and active CCIE certification is highly desirable.
- Proficient in internetworking technologies
- Hands-on experience in monitoring and troubleshooting enterprise networks
- Hands-on experience with configuration of CISCO Networking and/or CISCO security products to include DMVPN.
- Experience in network monitoring, IP monitoring, IP LANs and WANs
- Network Management Systems (SNMPc, HP OV, CiscoWorks, ….etc)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and/or French, with a working knowledge of the other language. Excellent customer service.
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
- Submitted by: Mohamed YOUSSOUF, Division Manager, CHRM.1
- Approved by: Gemina Oluremi ARCHER-DAVIES, Director, CHRM
Only applicants who fully meet the Bank's requirements and are being considered for interview will be contacted. Applicants will only be considered if they submit an online application, and attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV). The AfDB President reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply: www.afdb.org/jobs