Ref.: 12-49 SA/NRS/HQ
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking a Systems Assistant with a high level of commitment to assist the area of Integrated Crop and Systems Research Unit.
The Center: CIP is a not-for-profit international agricultural research-for-development organization with a focus on potato, sweet potato, and Andean roots and tubers. Its vision is of roots and tubers improving the lives of the poor. CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved well-being, and gender equity for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world. CIP works with partners to contribute high quality science, technology, and capacity strengthening for sustainable science-based solutions. CIP is headquartered in Lima, Peru, with staff and activities in over 30 locations across Asia, Africa, and Latin America. CIP is a member of the Consultative Group for International Agricultural Research, a network of 15 research centers mostly located in the developing world and supported by more than 50 donor members.
The position: The Systems Assistant position will be based in Lima, Peru and will report to the leader of the Integrated Crop and Systems Research Unit. The main responsibility for this position will be to assist in ILCYM software development.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Develop software for ILCYM application.
- Prepare technical documentation..
- Prepare activity reports covering advances or issues in software development to users.
- Implement R source code in JAVA language
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, with specialization in JAVA
- At least 2 years of experience required in similar position
- Experience working in Eclipse programming on the Rich Client Platform
- Knowledge of GIS Udig (optional)
- At least 2 years of experience in the utilization and programming of R language
- Intermediate to advanced written and oral communication skills in English.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work in multicultural environment.
- Demonstrated time management skills
Conditions: Employment contract will be for twelve months with three months probation period, with the possibility of renewal. CIP prides itself on its collegial and supportive working environment, which allows space for personal and professional growth.
Applications: Applicants should apply by email, sending a letter of motivation, a full C.V., and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable of the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience to: CIP-Recruitment@cgiar.org. The reference name of the position should be clearly marked in the subject line of the email message. Screening of applications will begin on June 29, 2012 and will continue until the post is filled. All applications will be acknowledged, however only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Learn more about CIP by accessing our web site at http://www.cipotato.org.
CIP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women and professionals from developing countries are particularly encouraged to apply