The International Finance Corporation (IFC), the private sector arm of the World Bank Group, is a global investor and advisor committed to promoting private sector projects in its developing member countries that are economically beneficial, financially and commercially sound, and environmentally and socially sustainable. IFC finances private sector investments, mobilizes capital in the international financial markets, helps clients improve social and environmental sustainability, and provides technical assistance and advice to businesses in the developing world.
The Global Telecoms, Media and Technology (TMT) department is searching to recruit an experienced international “Hands-on” executive from within the TMT industry. The Senior Industry Advisor in TMT plays a key role within the investment teams and will provide both broad and in-depth industry knowledge to new investment companies and for portfolio investment supervision.
Duties and Accountabilities:
• Advise investment teams in triaging private sector investment proposals in the TMT sector, from the technical and commercial perspectives, specifically for Emerging Markets
• Assess prospective investments and risks in TMT businesses from a technological, commercial and industry best practice viewpoint, including all aspects of operations; engineering, IT, commercial, regulatory, strategy, marketing, sales and customer service and financial profitability
• Identify weakness in business plans and offer solutions to improve project viability
• Develop mitigating risk strategies for investment projects
• Provide key operational and capital assumptions for incorporation into financial modeling & analysis of potential investment projects
• Manage due diligence and consultancy on projects addressing TMT sector issues and trends
• Contribute to the repository of industry specific know-how, key industry ratios, lessons learned, best practices, and other critical information as a tool for better and more efficient investment decision-making.
• Education Required: Bachelor’s of Science in Engineering, preferably complemented by an MBA
• Seasoned Industry Executive, with +15 years of engineering and managerial experience in the TMT sector with a proven P/L track record.
• “C” , VP, or Director Level, with +7 years operational experience in Emerging Markets
• Executive Operational Experience in the Management of TMT companies - Span of Control to include; Engineering, IT, Finance, Marketing, Sales, Strategy and Customer Services
• Prior P/L Responsibility of; Mobile, Fixed, Broadband, Satellite, Sub-Marine, Cable, Fiber Backbones, Towers, e/m Payments, Data Centers, Information Security, IT & IT related services, Managed Services, Infrastructure, Content, Applications, and/or Hardware/Device Mgt companies
• Strong analytical, technical writing and data management skills; ability to work in multicultural teams and on multiple projects simultaneously
• Excellent command of written and spoken English, additional language skills are considered a plus
• Ability to travel 40% - 50% to developing countries
IFC offers a highly challenging and rewarding work environment with outstanding opportunities for professional growth, as well as attractive working conditions.
Applications must be submitted online. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates can check the status of their applications by visiting www.ifc.org/careers