Dean of Business Needed
Job Ref No: VHR 014/2011R
Reports to: Vice Chancellor
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience
Main Purposes of Post
- The Dean is responsible for the management of staff and resources in the Faculty by ensuring the effective operation and development of the faculty.
- The Dean will drive the development process of the Faculty, identifying skill gaps and opportunities for short course training and other continuing professional development opportunities in the region.
- Deans will prepare and update faculty strategic plans which should increasingly take account of contract research and other income generating opportunities in the local and regional environment.
Candidates should have:
- PhD or equivalent qualifications or experience in a relevant subject, international credibility and substantial academic management experience.
- Substantial senior management experience preferably gained in an academic environment.
- Substantial experience of either teaching or professional practice (preferably both).
- Knowledge, understanding and empathy with student-centred approaches to learning.
- The ability to attract research funding, lead research teams and deliver high quality consultancy work.
- Willingness to undertake teaching duties as part of faculty development.
- A thorough understanding of higher education academic contexts and regulatory requirements.
- Significant experience in the management of change.
- Knowledge and understanding of the British academic model would be an advantage.
Skills, Qualifications and Personal Requirements
- Strong written and spoken English language skills.
- Competency in standard ICT applications including word processing, spread sheets and power point.
- Inter-personal, leadership and people management skills.
- Commitment to quality customer care with the ability to motivate and enthuse staff.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Negotiating and entrepreneurial skills.
- Creativity and capacity for innovation.
Qualified candidates should email their applications with a recent resume to the Human Resource Manager, email:email@example.com not later than Friday 22nd June 2012 at 17:00hrs (GMT). Candidates are encouraged to visit our website viaApply Online below for additional information.
Victoria University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or other category protected by law.
Note: Only Short listed Candidates will be contacted.