Association of Television and Radio Sales Houses
Egta is the Brussels-based trade association of television and radio sales houses that market the advertising space of both public and private broadcasters across Europe and beyond. It presently gathers 119 members: 87 television sales houses and 32 radio sales houses.
Egta services rely on three pillars: Advocacy and Regulatory Assistance, Networking as well as Benchmarking and Market Intelligence.
The international Brussels-based team is currently composed of 10 people and addresses the needs of advertising sales houses, whether individual or common, to help them secure, develop and/or diversify their revenue and work hand in hand both with the European institutions and with all actors of the advertising industry to help build a promising future for commercial communications in a fast-changing technological environment.
- The Head of Radio department will take the lead of the Steering Committee in place since January 2012, and will be responsible for the development and implementation of new projects and programmes;
- He/she will work in close cooperation with the Secretary General;
- Will collaborate actively with the Regulatory and Communication departments as well as with all other team members for the development of all projects related to radio;
- He/she will provide sound advice on all radio related issues both internally to the management and team and externally to members;
- Will evaluate and seek to improve existing tools and proactively initiate new projects and tools (Marketing, Communication, Research, etc.) in order to promote radio as an advertising medium and in an attempt to contribute to an increase in radio advertising investments in Europe and beyond;
- Will contribute to and further develop services for the benefit of existing members and will actively contribute to the acquisition of new members;
- Will manage and contribute to the development and motivation of the two team members currently working for the radio department in order to ensure accuracy and coherence in all radio-related projects.
- A University or higher education degree (Marketing & Sales, Communication, Economics, Law, Political sciences, …);
- A few years of professional experience in Marketing/Sales, ideally in the media or radio sector;
- Relevant experience acquired in other sectors is welcome;
- A PERFECT mastery of spoken and written English as well as excellent communication skills are mandatory;
- A good mastery of French, German and/or Spanish is an additional asset.
The ideal candidate profile:
- A self-motivated person, able to demonstrate initiative and to work with autonomy;
- A strategic thinker able to drive projects and to bring them to conclusion;
- A team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- A motivating “people” manager, able to contribute to the fulfilment of other team members.
- Exciting work in a dynamic and rapidly changing media environment;
- An international job based in Brussels with opportunities to travel mainly in Europe;
- The possibility to be part of a small team (10) of young and very dedicated professionals and to work in a friendly atmosphere;
- An interesting compensation package;
- A one-year contract to be transformed into a long term one should the candidate provide full satisfaction.
To apply, please send a detailed curriculum vitae and a letter of motivation by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.