EJN Secretariat Coordinator
Temporary agent – AD 6 M/F
The EJN Secretariat Coordinator shall directly report to the Secretary to the EJN.
1. Key accountabilities
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Coordinating the internal organisation of the EJN Secretariat to ascertain that all necessary information (staff, budget and planning) is available on time;
- Contributing to the implementation of the EJN work programme;
- Contributing to the implementation of Eurojust’s strategic plans;
- Coordinating and monitoring the Secretariat’s activities and resources according to stated objectives;
- Monitoring and managing the content of the EJN information and communication systems and tools;
- Facilitating the organisation of EJN meetings;
- Acting as a main contact for the Secretariat, proactively building relationships with Eurojust ;Liaising with the EJN bodies and representatives (contact points, national correspondents, Trio Presidencies and other organisations);
- Representing the EJN Secretariat when required;
- Liaising with Eurojust administration;
- Acting as an authorising officer for the budget lines managed by the Secretariat (authorisation and verification of payments); and
- Carrying out any other duties required in the interests of the Secretariat.
2. Qualifications and experience required
a- Eligibility criteria
Candidates will be considered for the selection phase on the basis of the following criteria to be fulfilled by the closing date for applications:
- A level of education that corresponds to completed university studies of at least 3 years attested by a diploma and after having obtained the university diploma, at least 3 years of professional experience;
- Thorough knowledge of one of the languages of the Communities and a satisfactory knowledge of another language of the Communities to the extent necessary for the performance of his/her duties.
Furthermore, in order to be eligible, a candidate must:
- Be a national of one of the Member States of the Communities;
- Enjoy his/her full rights as a citizen;
- Have fulfilled any obligations imposed on him/her by the laws on military service;
- Meet the character requirements for the duties involved;
- Be physically fit to perform his/her duties.
b- Selection criteria
Candidates selected on the basis of the above eligibility criteria will then be evaluated according to the following selection criteria:
- Experience and knowledge in the areas mentioned above under “key accountabilities”;
- Administrative skills including knowledge of computerised office tools;
- Knowledge of the European Judicial Network;
- Excellent management, planning and organisational skills;
- Ability to communicate at all levels;
- Very good written and oral presentation skills;
- High motivation and ability to work on own initiative;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent negotiation skills;
- Excellent analytical skills; and
- Very good knowledge of English, as this is the vehicular language of Eurojust.
The following characteristics are considered as additional assets:
- A degree in the area of administration, management or business;
- Good knowledge of the relevant European institutions;
- Knowledge of judicial cooperation in criminal matters;
- Good working command of French;
- Knowledge of additional languages of the European Union; and
- Professional experience in an EU or multicultural environment.