Partnership for a Secure America (PSA) is seeking an Executive Director to lead all aspects of growing non-profit, including day-to-day functions while shaping and executing a strategic long term vision and plan for the organization. PSA is a nonprofit founded in 2005 by former US Representative Lee Hamilton (D-IN) and Senator Warren Rudman (R-NH) to advance bipartisanship in addressing today’s national security and foreign policy challenges. Leveraging the leadership of its distinguished Advisory Board, PSA forges common ground and fashions thoughtful, fact-based policy that promotes America’s national interests.
The organization publishes periodic public statements on issues of national interest as well as runs a well-regarded array of programs, including the bipartisan Congressional Fellowship Program which provides Congressional staff with the skills and relationships required to build enduring bipartisan policy.
PSA offers the opportunity for an outstanding individual to help guide important consensus building on critical challenges facing the U.S. today and to make a significant impact on improving the foreign and national security policy making process.
* Supervise the development and management of all PSA programs, including periodic high-level issue statements, the Congressional Fellowship Program, among others.
* Provide the vision and direction for future PSA programs and initiatives.
* Develop and oversee a budget for all aspects of PSA's operations, including fund raising to support PSA programs and general operations.
* Develop and enhance relationships with governmental and non-governmental organizations to further PSA's mission.
* Function as the main representative and public voice of PSA's bipartisan mission at public events, programming initiatives, and before the media.
* Oversee expanding the reach of the organization, including through the website; social media; PSA's blog, "Across the Aisle;" newsletters; and other communications.
* Lead interaction with PSA's Advisory Board and Board of Directors.
* Develop and maintain administrative procedures as necessary to ensure the smooth functioning of the organization in compliance with PSA policies and procedures.
* An entrepreneurial and proven leader with the vision, leadership qualities, and strong commitment to the organization's mission to bring Partnership for a Secure America to a new level of excellence.
* Creative thinker and proven manager with the ability to create and implement a strategic plan for a changing organization and leverage the organization's Advisory Board and Board to advance the organization's mission.
* Graduate degree with experience managing staff and budgets.
* Strong professional/educational background in foreign policy and national security issues.
* Significant experience managing fund raising activities, including raising funds from diverse sources including foundations, individuals and corporations.
* Experience with the media.
* An understanding of, and ability to work effectively in, a nonprofit organization.
* Senior level experience on relevant policy issues in Congress and/or Executive Branch strongly preferred.
Qualified candidates should email a resume, cover letter and list of three references, to PSA Selection Committee, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hiring decisions will be made on a rolling basis.
PSA is an equal opportunity employer.