Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Myeloma UK is the only organisation in the UK that deals exclusively with myeloma, a complex, debilitating and currently incurable cancer of the plasma cells which are found in the bone marrow. We are one of the UK’s most respected rare cancer organisations with an excellent reputation for delivery and success. The organisation’s strategy is to rapidly and systematically address the critical challenges that are slowing down research, the development of and access to new treatments, optimal care, support and information for myeloma patients.
£36,000 - £39,000, depending on experience
The post holder will have the opportunity to make a significant difference to our profile and ultimately the lives of people affected by myeloma. You will proactively increase the profile of myeloma and our work including research and programme outcomes and results across a range of target audiences and stakeholders by developing and executing the organisation’s communications strategy. You will also have responsibility for developing and implementing the organisation’s internal communications strategy. As part of the management team you will also be expected to contribute to the strategic direction of Myeloma UK.
The successful candidate will have an excellent reputation and track record in the development and implementation of robust communication strategies and the day to day delivery and management of a Communications Team.
You should have:
- A degree in media and/or communications;
- Work experience within a communications management position across a diverse range of disciplines;
- Internal and external communications strategy development and implementation experience;
- Successful public relations management and implementation experience;
- Extensive new media, social media, digital and online communication experience;
- Advanced experience of producing publications and publicity materials, including writing content, editing and design work;
- In-depth understanding of effective communication techniques and practice;
- Excellent knowledge of fundraising communications.
The role is office-based in Edinburgh.
The closing date for applications is 5pm Monday 24 October 2011.
First interviews will be held on Friday 28 and Monday 31 October 2011.
Charity no. SC 026116