World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Governmental Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice in over 27 districts of Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. Ail employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. "Our Vision for every child, Life in fill 1 its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so." World Vision Uganda is seeking to hire qualified persons to fill the following positions.
Post: Human Resource Officers
Duty station: Eastern Region
Role of the Position
To support the strategic direction of the Eastern Uganda; Regional operations through the implementation of the HR strategic plan, programs and policies that is necessary to maintain a healthy human resource.
Key Result Areas
• To manage timely and quality recruitment and selection process at the Region
• Support the Performance Management system in line with the Organization system
• Management of the HR Information of the Region
• Work with the head office to manage Staff Benefits and welfare
• Provide technical support in the management of Staff relations within the region
• Reporting - Prepare and submit Regional HR reports and other briefs to Team Leader and the HR Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
•First Degree or Post Graduate qualification in Human Resource Management, Business Management, Organizational Development. Organizational Psychology or other related.
• Extensive experience in Human Resource Management for a minimum of 3 years in a large busy organization.
• Experience in managing the HR function of the organization.
• Knowledge of normal organizational policies, labour law and legal requirements
• Good skills in conflict resolution/problem solving, teamwork, crisis management, training facilitation and coaching.
• Experience in working in a multi- cultural environment.
• High level .of commitment and working with minimal supervision.
How to apply
How to apply:
Interested persons who meet the above criteria should submit their applications together with an updated CV and copies of academic transcripts (only) with at least three suitable referees with their telephone contact to; email@example.com or hand deliver to the address below (Please indicate on envelope the position you are applying for)
Human Resource Manager,
World Vision Uganda,
Plot 15 B Nakasero Road,
P.0. Box 5319, Kampala
Deadline for receiving the applications is: 23rd March, 2011.
CONSULTANT TO DEVELOP A THREE-YEAR PEACE, JUSTICE AND GOVERNANCE DIRECTORATE PLAN AND FACILITATE A RETREAT OF THE COUNCIL OF PRESIDENTS - *Introduction*: The Inter-Religious Council (IRCU) of Uganda was established and registered in November 2001 as a Faith-Based Non-Governmental Organization...
41 minutes ago