Project / Field of activity
GIZ International Services will present an offer for the EU financed Program "Technical Assistance for the EU-Indonesia Trade Support Program phase II".
he final Terms iof Reference are expected to be publish in Februray 2011.
The contract consists of the provision of technical assistance services to assist the Government of Indonesia in the implementation of the EU-Indonesia Trade Support Programme phase II. The likely objective of this programme is to upgrade the quality infrastructure that supports Indonesia's access to international markets, to be achieved by strengthening the institutional framework of the export quality infrastructure system and providing technical assistance to related government institutions.
The main components and activities of the programme are as follows:
Component I: Policy Development: will pursue a cohesive legal, regulatory and institutional framework for the strengthening of the overall EQI system. It will support a MoT-led process to further strengthen export development and the specific role of EQI. Specific activities within this Component are:
Component II: Institutional strengthening: the Component will provide technical assistance to the range of government institutions engaged on EQI and related activities. The support provided will be based on the strategic definition and prioritisation produced by Component I.
Qualifications and skills
- Master's Degree or equivalent professional experience in Economics, Engineering or International Trade
- Excellent verbal and written command of English
- Knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia would be an added advantage
- Excellent communication, mobilisation and change management skills
- Proven ability to develop solid partnerships with high level officials in order to achieve project results
General professional experience
- At least 7 years of professional experience in the area of technical standardisation and accreditation
- Experience in technical assistance projects in the area of standardisation and accreditation gained in developing countries, preferably in Asia
- Relevant professional experience in Indonesia would be an added advantage.
- Previous working experience in a well-known standardisation agency would be an advantage
Specific professional experience
- Knowledge of organisation and management of standardisation technical committees
- Familiarity with international standardisation guidelines
- Experience in the development and functioning of standardisation information systems would be an advantage
- Knowledge of organisation and management of accreditation body
- Familiarity with international practice on accreditation, particularly IAF and ILAC standards
- Experience in the development and functioning of accreditation information systems would be an advantage
The intended commencement date is July 2011 and the period of implementation of the contract will be 48 months from this date.
Please provide us an actual CV in Europeaid/European Commission format .
How to applyTo apply, please make use of our online-application facility under