This vacancy announcement is destined to law enforcement officials of INTERPOL's member countries.
Before completing the application form, please consult the page "how to apply" and the paragraph "applications for seconded positions" to be informed about the special conditions applicable to this type of recruitment.
INTERPOL is the world’s largest international police organization, with 188 member countries. Created in 1923, it facilitates cross-border police co-operation, and supports and assists all organizations, authorities, and services whose mission is to prevent or combat international crime. INTERPOL is now looking for a qualified candidate to serve as Senior Operations Assistant within the Command and Co-ordination Centre.
Under the guidance of the Team Leader, and operating at all times with minimal supervision, the Senior Operations Assistant assists transnational police, anti-crime and disaster response
The Senior Operations Assistant regularly and impartially assesses and acts upon all information received at and gathered by the Command and Co-ordination Centre, operating as a First Response Unit.
• Provide adequate responses to requests for information and assistance from the NCBs, judicial authorities and other international entities in the Organization's four official languages.
1 - Communications
Under the guidance of and with support from the Team Leader:
1. Monitor and assess all incoming information to the CCC (I-24/7, Outlook, faxes, telephone, web mail, postal mail, and in-house communications) in the official languages.
2 - Crime, crisis and major events
1. Using internal and external sources gather comprehensive information about events or activities requiring operational intervention or that may affect the security of General Secretariat staff/counterparts in the field.
3 - Field activity
1. Liaise with a variety of agencies and the government authorities in the field towards ensuring the successful completion of operational activities.
4 - NCB Co-operation
1. Identify potential and current communication issues (including lack of co-operation) between NCBs and anti-crime organizations with recognition of political climate.
5 - International movements of persons / Substances
1. Monitor, track and co-ordinate planned deportations of high-risk subjects and international responses and activities relating to the illegal movement of persons and illicit substances.
6 - SLTD – ASF hit alarms
1. Identify and assess urgent ‘Hits’ on INTERPOL data from the Lost/Stolen Travel Documents (SLTD) and ASF databases and compare them with the data archives.
7 - Media and Internet monitoring
1. Employ structured and co-ordinated comprehensive searches of Open Source information focusing on INTERPOL's key areas of interest, current activities, projects, deployed staff and international events.
8 - Reporting
1. Report all daily activities of the CCC in a precise, concise, timely, impartial and accurate fashion for internal purposes.
9 - Training
1. Provide training on the use of INTERPOL's police information systems to new staff and NCBs.
General skills/theoretical knowledge
• Full proficiency in at least two working languages of the Organization. Additional languages an asset.
• Integrity, tact, discretion.
• Must be able to work flexible hours and shifts (including nights, weekends, public holidays).
• Strong communication skills.
Education and training
• First university degree (Bachelors Degree or equivalent), plus at least 5 years' professional experience in information processing, civilian police/military training, international relations, political and social sciences.
• Remuneration: If necessary, INTERPOL may consider partially or totally contributing to the salary of the selected candidate. Depending on the nationality of official, an expatriation allowance may be paid for a maximum period of six years. For more information regarding conditions of service see Employment conditions for seconded officials available on the web site (www.interpol.int).
Expert en suivi/évaluation de politiques de développement - *Expert en suivi/évaluation de politiques de développement – (572 jours ouvrables - 22j/mois) - Assistance Technique pour l'appui au Programme d’appui bu...
2 days ago